Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 5 - First day out of the house!

   It is Saturday night and I have just been so stir crazy I decided to go out with my husband. We went to a movie and dinner. I brought my knee rider and a few pillows to prop up my foot (no shame here). Turns out there is no comfortable way to prop your foot up when you are in a movie seat. It was pretty uncomfortable throughout the movie. Mostly because the blood was rushing down into my foot and pulsating. I assume it was also swelling. I barely made it through the movie. Probably a mistake.

   By dinner I was pretty pooped. At least I was able to prop my foot up in the booth. Had a lackluster conversation with my poor hubby and then headed on home. I was so happy to see my bed again. I immediately propped up my foot and iced it. Whenever I get up and walk I ice my foot when I come back.

   The pain is definitely still there. It is much worse at night and in the morning when I get up. It also flares if I walk around too much (i.e. go to the bathroom, wash my face, then change my clothes). Sadly, this amount of activity exhausts me. Pain meds are still working very well.

   I am starting to get tired of eating pre-made frozen food or processed food. But I have trouble keeping my leg down for too long. So I'll look forward to the day that blood rushing down towards my foot doesn't cause immense discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment