Sunday, October 5, 2014

Week 5

   Since my week 4 post was so long I decided to talk about one last topic this week instead. I noticed that the anterior side of my big toe (below my nail bed) and the right side of my second toe are numb. Also, when I put pressure on the sole of my foot just below where my second toe is, a sharp nerve sensation shoots up my second toe. I was told by my doc that the numbness is not permanent and will resolve but may take 6 months to a year. I didn't know about the nerve pain until I was massaging my foot in the shower. I'll have to ask him about that as well.

   I'm sure some people are concerned about permanent nerve pain/damage so I thought I'd post my experience. My doctor did say that the area just over the incision may have a permanent numbness to it because of the trauma of a surgical procedure in that area. That's not a big deal to me. When I prick the area near my incision with my nail it feels very dull but when I put pressure on it with my finger I can definitely feel it. So there is some minor sensation that is lost. To me it is a small price to pay for getting rid of that bunion.

   Oh and I just wanted to say I have never been so jealous of people walking. I absolutely miss walking and running and jumping. And I am still sad about watching my poor calf wither away. I am crossing my fingers that at my 6 week check up my doc gives me the go-ahead to take my boot off!

   One more week folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment